Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A typical day

7:00 AM: Wake up and shower. Realize I forgot to buy bar soap and am forced to use liquid soap from a dispenser.

7:30 AM: Nutritional breakfast consisting of Chocolate Chip Cookies.

7:45 AM: Head to work

8:00 AM: Check my email and voice mail. Cry for 15 minutes when there is none of either.

8:15 AM: Introduced to the new guy who says he is a mechanical pencil expert.

8:45 AM: New guy comes running up saying "Help, I don't understand mechanical pencils"

8:46 AM: Explain to the new guy how mechanical pencils work.

10: 30 AM: Judy comes by to tell me that I am getting a slight salary cut to pay for the new guy, who she says "may be the best mechanical pencil expert around".

11: 15 AM: Head to vending machine for lunch.

12: 15 PM: Answer support call from a middle school principal who says box of 1,000 pens are mislabled. Explain to him that I am pen support and not customer service. He asks me to transfer, I accidentally transfer him to the new guy.

12:16 PM: New guy comes running in yelling "I can't figure out how to work the phone and this guy needs a transfer or he is coming after me".

12:17 PM: Walk over to new guys desk and press transfer button and hit the appropriate number.

12:20 PM: Play with new secret high tech pen.

3:00 PM: Answer another support call that relates to a pen that won't click. Tell them to place spring back in pen and click.

4:00 PM: Head home.

4:15 PM: Come home and grab the pink medicine because the donuts I ate out of the vending machine have irritated my colon.

5:15 PM: After a brief time in the bathroom, watch the local news and realize they are interviewing the new guy from work. He is explaining something about companies that pay to move important employees to different cities.

6:15 PM: To Taco Bell in my Geo Metro.

7:15 PM: Back to the bathroom.

8:15 PM: TV Time

9:00 PM: Bed time - see ya tomorrow.

No comments: